Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Long Tail's spending more and more time with me.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg
LTJimLap1.jpg
LTJimLap2.jpg
LTJimLapClose2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. This will end my smoking day.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

The shy orange fella certainly has come out of his shell.
SOTSide2.jpg
SOTSideSnooze1.jpg
SOTSnoozeClose1.jpg

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
View attachment 309081
Latest release From Beyond in my Tekin lazy lattice bent Dublin with chunky acrylic stem .

Speaking of chunky, that bear I saw this morning was a mama bear and it has two cubs so I’m not going too close to the forest for my dog’s evening walk.

I came across one of her turds and its diameter had to be equal to at least five times that of a Samuel Gawith Brown No. 4.
We are currently dealing with some black bear issues. Last Fall our local DEC released a nuance bear near our property. He is double tagged, so this is his second time caught and released, next time he is reported, hes done for.
We have a lot of food sources on our property, so hes been hanging around.
My dogs have kept him away by chasing away several times. We are very rural so he isnt bothering anyone else I know of. Just seen him yesterday eyeing me while I was smoking a pipe. He is not the first, nor will he be the last. We have many attractions for bears here and there are a lot of bears.
We have an apple orchard, blueberries, raspberries, honey bees, elder berries, pear trees, chickens, other birds and ponds full of fish. This Spring he will learn, or he will be a lost cause. We will do EVERYTHING to keep him alive, but its up to him.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Very cool! No one else comes to mind when it comes to space-themed pipes so you might be hitting a nice niche. Also, are you a regular attendee of the FCPS? If so, do you bring your work to show?
I am a member of the fcps and show up to the meetings that I can. The meetings are at Indian river in GR where I sell the pipes out of. So people do get to see my work there.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
My second pipe today. The first wasnt posted. It has been a yard work day. I mowed my weeds and got out the weed eater. Its a sad looking lawn with the drought we have had. Im trying some My Red Fox with a pinch of perique. Its tasty but I dont know that I will go out of my way for another tin. Its in my Ser Jacopo Calabash. A so so French beer on the side. If I do buy more of this I think it will be for blending something. I do like the red VA. but its definitely not a blend to sit around and contemplate. It may serve as a good base.

1715339337057.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.