PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Black Works Studio NBK Corona Larga (6”x46). Every single cigar I’ve had of theirs has been f’ing incredible. This one is no different. Massively enjoying this while relaxing and watching the solar eclipse, I think we will have about 85% totality here in Atlanta 👍

View attachment 301799
Love that one.
My local shop is dropping the brand- all NBKs in a bin for $7 apiece. I took them all :)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
IMG_7085.jpeg

I finally got up the gumption to shell out the crazy price these fetch. Initially, my impression was that it was too sweet, but that moderated in the first inch or so. Probably because the sugary coffeesque topping all got licked off the mouth end of things. It’s very smooth and rich, and the added flavorings, once that first inch is smoked, moderate and meld nicely with the leaf. The burn is very even so far, and the draw is perfect for me.

I don’t expect to be buying a box of ‘em anytime soon, but like a quality aromatic pipe blend, it is a very enjoyable diversion from the usual.

Last edited:
How do you like the meerschaum cigar holder? I’ve got several tips I use with cheroots and I like them quite a bit. I’ve never used anything on a larger ring gauged cigar. Also- do you expect the meerschaum to color?
I am using the cigar holder only to see it color 😀, so I hope they will. Insides have colored from the very first cigar, and exteriors are showing hints of color after 2-3 cigars..

Otherwise the cigar holders feel a bit unstable (As in the cigar might fall off) but it might be more in my mind.

The cigars taste about the same with a holder, but maybe a bit dry and strong. I think when the holders are broken in, it will taste exactly the same.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Couple for me today:
Rocky Vintage 1992, in the "juniors" size. A consistent favorite. Throwing the ball for my hounds out back makes everything better tho
1000001950.jpg
A.J. Fernandez New World Cameroon, short robusto. Decent, if you like Cameroonian wrappers. Nothing too special, but price is nice
1000001951.jpg