PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The year was 2002 and Kid Rock was 31 and Sheryl Crow forty years old, when the sexiest video since Hank Williams and Anita Carter was produced.

The original Hank and Anita video. Hank was 29 and she was 18, and Mother Maybelle forbid her to ever see Hank again.

Last edited:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
First event for me, post-op Hip replacement. We went to see Gov't Mule and Jason Bonhan at a small shed near DC, Wolftrap. We had a beautiful evening. I bought accessible seats and I had plenty of legroom. But, I had to walk half a mile to/from the car and up/down the concrete bowl steps to get in/out/bathrooms. I was a little nervous leaving with several thousand patrons, many who were drinking throughout the show. But, I had no issues with any of that and our seats were great (I had forgotten how small this venue was). We even tailgated a little.

Jason Bonham put on a good show, but I've heard better Zeppelin cover bands, still great songs, what's not to like.

Govt Mule did their new album (which I really like) and then Dark Side of the Mule, all Pink Floyd songs, done Mule style (10 minutes minimum).

90 minute to from was no issue, but getting home at 1 AM was different...

I wore my loudest Gov't Mule shirt, from 2009!

They played "Fearless" one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs, that made me smile.

A great evening, to feel somewhat like a normal person (still walking with a cane)

20230820_182914.jpg20230820_184614.jpg20230820_195932.jpg20230820_203207.jpg20230820_222640.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Just playing for the third time Mark Knopfler's album Get Lucky and it's slowly growing on me (it only arrived this morning). I'll play the DVD tonight.

1 lucky.jpg
1 lucky 2.jpg

When I leave this world behind me
To another I will go
And if there are no pipes in heaven
I'll be going down below

Regards,

Jay.

PS: I know that lyric refers to musical pipes but hey ho, this is a pipe forum.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Recently bought about $70 worth of beautiful medieval and Renaissance records from a great little shop for 25 cents apiece. Many in mint condition. Not a very popular genre I guess but I’m really enjoying them! Mostly stuff I’ve never even heard of the composer / or the group but many on fantastic labels. Pure listening pleasure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.