PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is a classic and for very good reason, but to hear it on SACD is really something else. Originally intended for quadrophonic release, for various reasons that was ditched and SACD is the next best thing. Truly awesome.

1 pink.jpg
1 pink 2.jpg
And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Regards,

Jay.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is a classic and for very good reason, but to hear it on SACD is really something else. Originally intended for quadrophonic release, for various reasons that was ditched and SACD is the next best thing. Truly awesome.

View attachment 239305
View attachment 239306
And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Regards,

Jay.

Sound engineering in those times had been on a pretty high level. Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most audiophile recordings. And there are a few out there.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
MC5qcGVn.jpeg

Now playing Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters​

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
My latest SACD arrived this morning, Dire Straits' 'Brothers In Arms: 20th Anniversary Edition'.

Just to familiarise myself with the album I first played the remastered CD version followed immediately by the SACD. Wow, what a difference. every track had a wider soundstage and were great improvements on the regular red book version which itself is a recording masterpiece. The songs So Far Away, Money For Nothing and One World were standouts in my opinion.

I think I'll play it again now :col:

1 knop.jpg
1 knop 2.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

lupy1234

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2023
The Kix was my local hard rock band in the mid-70's, they had some hits on MTV in the early 80's, before Grundge took out all the rock acts. They had a revival of sorts about 10 years ago, and with members now getting close to 70 years of age. They are calling it quits in September at a shed in Baltimore (Merriwether). I was at this concert back in 1983, but don't remember too much....

Grew up in Frederick and worked with Steve's wife near Shady Grove. Loved Kix

Status
Not open for further replies.