Which Brand of Cigars is Smoked By Gomez Addams?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'd love, really love, to see the documentation on that. JJ's in London has a small museum and per the available information, the above is simply not a fact. Where did you find that tidbit?
I'll have to re-find the reference for you but it's been one of the facts I've remembered for the last 35 years or so. I'll look it up for you. Its probably from a biography.

Reactions: warren

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'd love, really love, to see the documentation on that. JJ's in London has a small museum and per the available information, the above is simply not a fact. Where did you find that tidbit?
I may be wrong on this broad of a statement. I remember reading that he had to go somewhere and was concerned his cigars would be nicked so he went to a cigar store and bought the largest cheapest cigars he could find. I think it was when he had to go to the underground bunker command post during the war.

But you are more correct so I stand corrected as the following links indicate he spent a fortune on many cigars although they contradict each other in parts :

Reactions: warren

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'll have to re-find the reference for you but it's been one of the facts I've remembered for the last 35 years or so. I'll look it up for you. Its probably from a biography.
I found a reference to the story I originally read in a biography or magazine article. It was between the wars when he didn't have much money. He bought his cigars from America.