Which Brand of Cigars is Smoked By Gomez Addams?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I don't know what brand Gomez Adams smoked. But I think I recall the actor smoking when he played parts in "Murder She Wrote" (maybe I was just daydreaming when watching those great old shows! LOL).

What a fun thread! Thanks.
kindly
mike

Reactions: Hillcrest

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I may be wrong on this broad of a statement. I remember reading that he had to go somewhere and was concerned his cigars would be nicked so he went to a cigar store and bought the largest cheapest cigars he could find. I think it was when he had to go to the underground bunker command post during the war.

But you are more correct so I stand corrected as the following links indicate he spent a fortune on many cigars although they contradict each other in parts :

as a one off that makes more sense.

Reactions: Hillcrest

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
I do not know if you refer to the same character. Raul Julia , who was Gomez on the family Adams films , was a real cigar smoker and he liked cuban cohibas on real life. R.I.P. Raul Julia.

Reactions: K.E. Powell

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Taken from a Cigar Aficionado article
""My character, Gomez, in The Addams Family smokes La Glorias. He plays golf with them sometimes," Julia says. Cohibas, however, deserve Julia's special praise. "The Cohibas are so good; I just can't smoke them regularly," he says, his eyes closing again, and his hand moving to his cheek."

Heres the whole thing if you want to read it

Reactions: username

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wow, he’s still alive, I read he’s the only surviving member of the Addams Family.

I really loved that show as a kid. :)

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Taken from a Cigar Aficionado article
""My character, Gomez, in The Addams Family smokes La Glorias. He plays golf with them sometimes," Julia says. Cohibas, however, deserve Julia's special praise. "The Cohibas are so good; I just can't smoke them regularly," he says, his eyes closing again, and his hand moving to his cheek."

Heres the whole thing if you want to read it
That’s a much later Gomez.

Reactions: Peter Turbo

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Given the time frame of the tv series, it was probably a clear havana, cuban filler and binder rolled in Tampa and most like a candela wrapper and it looks like a lonsdale, no bands so telling the brand might as well be impossible.

I think the trick as mentioned is to find out what he smoked in real life.

“I smoked cigars at the time, and thought it would be right for the character, like growing a mustache,” Astin told Smoke magazine
r5olqyfxwsr61.jpg They were the most popular cigars of the day.

Reactions: philobeddoe