PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
For my first one I kept the original package with the paper that said lifetime warranty and boy did I need that! So then I kept everyone that came to me and just kept sending them back.
I have had this POS thunderbird die on me 5 times each time being replaced. Just gave up on it and now use this zippo butane pipe insert and am really enjoying it

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Gotta ship it to them , the way shipping rates are now it's simply not worth it
Yeah that makes sense. I’ve got only the one that’s seemingly crapped out but I want to clean and refill it before passing a final judgement but I’m just too lazy, especially if I go through the trouble only to find out that it is in fact defective.

Reactions: JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
Yeah that makes sense. I’ve got only the one that’s seemingly crapped out but I want to clean and refill it before passing a final judgement but I’m just too lazy, especially if I go through the trouble only to find out that it is in fact defective.
For what it's worth the new zippo one seems to be much higher quality

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Mine came in the mail today. Seems to work well. I still don't like using them to do the charring light but it works well for subsequent lights.

F70E0C30-3AC3-43ED-AB33-481121D3C883.jpeg

dorfinator

Lurker
Nov 30, 2022
I too just purchased the Zippo Yellow flame butane insert. I find it easier to use my right index finger holding the button down to light. Haven’t had an issue burning my finger using my index finger vice my thumb.

DevilDuck

Lurker
Nov 22, 2023
I also used my Zippo Yellow flame butane insert the other day outside and notice that a slight breeze can cause the flame to burn your fingers because they need to rest on the button very close to the flame.

This item seems like a cheap afterthought, the design is nowhere near as good as the original fluid pipe lighter and certainly not as windproof. I'll stick to my angled cheap butane pipe lighter from Amazon.

You can actually use it without inserting it into a Zippo case.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
After using the butane pipe insert for like a week I can say I'm not really a fan. Its not any better then any other soft flame outdoors and the fact that I have to keep the trigger depressed to keep the flame going is a big downside compared to the original pipe insert (or my other soft flame pipe lighters). I got it on sale so whatever but I wouldn't recommend.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
After using the butane pipe insert for like a week I can say I'm not really a fan. Its not any better then any other soft flame outdoors and the fact that I have to keep the trigger depressed to keep the flame going is a big downside compared to the original pipe insert (or my other soft flame pipe lighters). I got it on sale so whatever but I wouldn't recommend.
This is very helpful feedback!

Reactions: Peter Turbo

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Jeez. Am I the only one who doesn't hate it? Lol.
I mean, it's not going to trump my Corona Pipemaster as my primary fire tool, but I would think it's a worthy backup.
Mine works well - the flame is a good size- and it's given me no issues with function.

The main reason I bought it ($16 on Amazon) was so I could use all my Zippo cases that have been relegated to storage the past couple years.

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
Jeez. Am I the only one who doesn't hate it? Lol.
I mean, it's not going to trump my Corona Pipemaster as my primary fire tool, but I would think it's a worthy backup.
Mine works well - the flame is a good size- and it's given me no issues with function.

The main reason I bought it ($16 on Amazon) was so I could use all my Zippo cases that have been relegated to storage the past couple years.
I don't hate it either , works well , inexpensive, gets the job done, allows me to use my cool zippo case =-)