PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Forgive me if someone already made a post like this, I didn’t see anything.

Please, everyone, show us some pics of the show, from your perspective!

Sheesh, I mean, didn’t anyone take any pics? LOL 😆

Ok, I saw in the Battle of the Briar video, @alaskanpiper was there, any pics?

I also saw Dino @dino on Instagram, oooh, must of had some of that 70 year old Durbar. 😋

Show us what ya got guys! :)

612F660A-9CF2-4AFB-95C9-9D4B9A1A4973.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Looks like my kind of fun! I think I sat across a table from you one cold night in the tent! I remember the cap.
Neal snapped this picture of me doubled over with back pain from those chairs.
View attachment 220114
Neal captured me as well, holding a Jared Coles mini peewit and smoking my new Bill Walther. Also leaning forward quite a bit due to the god awful, super flimsy, terrible chairs. Chairs aside, that tent needs nothing more than it needs a water source! Even just an igloo with a tap would be a godsend!
0A4257C0-9653-45D5-9CAD-9CA21683884B.png

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Also leaning forward quite a bit due to the god awful, super flimsy, terrible chairs. Chairs aside, that tent needs nothing more than it needs a water source! Even just an igloo with a tap would be a godsend!
Duly noted. We tried to do something about the chairs, mostly for safety reasons. Last year, two it three actually broke. A water cooler sounds like a good idea to me.

The bar had bottled water. Too bad that the hotel wouldn't setup the bar where they did last year connected to the tent. They said that they didn't want to subject their staff to smoke. Ironically, both times that I walked up to the bar, the bartender was outside smoking a cigarette.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I chuckle every time I see these hazy tent pics. I’ve yet to experience such a gathering. I’m not sure I could handle it.
There were moments when it was a bit thick, but that tent has a ventilation system that moves tremendous volumes of air. It was remarkably clear in there, considering how many smokers there were inside. I've been in cigar lounges many times where it was far worse.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I chuckle every time I see these hazy tent pics. I’ve yet to experience such a gathering. I’m not sure I could handle it.

Evenings were the worse for me so I just enjoyed the smoking tent morning, noon, and afternoon until sunset. There was outside seating and I would just go in the tent for a bit and then sit outside for a bit. It really wasn’t that bad and was very enjoyable.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Duly noted. We tried to do something about the chairs, mostly for safety reasons. Last year, two it three actually broke. A water cooler sounds like a good idea to me.

The bar had bottled water. Too bad that the hotel wouldn't setup the bar where they did last year connected to the tent. They said that they didn't want to subject their staff to smoke. Ironically, both times that I walked up to the bar, the bartender was outside smoking a cigarette.

+1 on the water cooler.

Not only the bar but the little store next to the front desk had water bottles (and other beverages) in a refrigerator. I bought a bunch and brought them back to the tent.

As for the haze in the tent for some reason it never bothers me. Funny because I’m a light pipesmoker as a rule, just a few bowls each week.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
+1 on the water cooler.

Not only the bar but the little store next to the front desk had water bottles (and other beverages) in a refrigerator. I bought a bunch and brought them back to the tent.

As for the haze in the tent for some reason it never bothers me. Funny because I’m a light pipesmoker as a rule, just a few bowls each week.
Yeah but the water bottles in that little store were like $6!!!!! And you had to take a walk and miss out on the fun! An igloo cooler with a tap would be an easy, simple fix.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I was standing nearby, eavesdropping for morsels of information, when Dr. Fred Hanna came running up from somewhere in the distance. He put his palms on the table and said something--and I'm paraphrasing here--that sounded like this:

[Hanna] The Texan said he could sell this tin for $1500! Are we sure we want to open it???
[....] It probably won't last another 70 years. We should open it! And besides, I never understood those guys all alone in their basements opening up fine tins just to post the pics on Instagram..

I managed to snap this photo before fleeing to a safe space.

PXL_20230429_020609886.jpg