PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Duly noted. We tried to do something about the chairs, mostly for safety reasons. Last year, two it three actually broke. A water cooler sounds like a good idea to me.

The bar had bottled water. Too bad that the hotel wouldn't setup the bar where they did last year connected to the tent. They said that they didn't want to subject their staff to smoke. Ironically, both times that I walked up to the bar, the bartender was outside smoking a cigarette.
He was outside smoking every time I went to the bar.

NightSkyFlash

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2023
Chicago, IL
You don’t come across to many people smoking Mario Pascucci’s pipes. I’ve had one before, been keeping my eye out for another. I like the wild colors he’s starting to make on his stems recently.

Enjoy that one, looks nice. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

If you aren’t aware LePipe.it sells his pipes.

Thanks! I’ll check it out. This is my first Pascucci. Enjoying it so far.

• Love
Reactions: PipeIT

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Nice shot of Anders and Martin. Really great guys; spending time with them is a highlight of any show.
They wanted to try the malort with us after we served it following the fast smoke. They had never had the US version and said it was very authentic to what they drink at home, but a little sweeter. Amazing guys to chat with. I was shocked when they said they are trying to come to Capitaland Pipe Show in only our second year.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Absolute stunner and Angelo is a good dude. I will be purchasing more of his very reasonably priced pipes.
Yeah, he is an extraordinarily talented carver. I think once he gains some more notoriety his pipes will be in as high demand as Iafisco, Asteriou, etc. His sandblasts are extraordinary for an Italian carver. Smokingpipes is now listing his pipes (and currently has a few available, including an amazing (danish) swan he made so that will help). In fact SP bought several more of his pipes at the show to list on their site. See photo below of him holding his Swan (left) next to a 1967 Sven Knudsen I took at the show.

EBA0DD69-8B55-4A34-8595-43C5FB34C4D7.png

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Last edited:

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This pipe for $850, I don’t consider this reasonably priced at all. Maybe that’s just SPC jacking up the price.

If you want to talk about reasonable, George Boyadjiev, will make a custom commission just like this for $350.
Yeah, and if J Alan made it, it would be $2,000. It’s all relative and all debatable. Pricing is an organic beast with many extraneous variables.

But, what I can tell you is that it’s certainly more expensive at SP than it would be from the carver. Just like any pipe.

FWIW, I put one of Angelo’s pipes, a danish style pot, in Jeff’s (aka J Alan) hands at the pipe show, and before looking at the nomenclature he asked me if it was made by Tom Eltang.

A prominent collector from Seattle I know also made only 2 purchases at the show. A Lee von Erck, and an Il Cerchio.

IMO opinion Angelo’s pipes are well priced for what they are. Others will disagree, and we will all be right, because the only person that has any tangible impact on will be the person making (or not making) the purchase.

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
The fast smoke competition. I was sure somebody would vomit. Sadly nobody did.
View attachment 220801
View attachment 220802
View attachment 220803
3 grams were smoked in 3.5 minutes for the win.
@greeneyes @crashthegrey Sutliff Molto Dolce 1.5oz — At Smokingpipes.com - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/Sutliff/molto-dolce-1.5oz/product_id/70633
Maybe I should get some to smoke in my clay pipes; I feel like downing a clay now:)
Perhaps I could organise a competition for the Nottingham pipe show!
My clay pipe holds 2.5g of tobacco.