PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 9, 2018
England
Max blew them away in the sprint race. A Red Bull front row lock out for tomorrow which looks ominous. Good to see Fernando and Lando in 3rd & 4th, though.

Jun 9, 2018
England
News is that Adrian Newey is leaving Red Bull! Apparently, he isn't happy with how the whole Christian Horner business was handled. Every team in the paddock would give their left nut to sign him. I'd like to see him go to Ferrari and turn their fortunes around. He's contracted until the end of 2025,tho.

If Newey is going then I expect Max to follow him out the door.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
News is that Adrian Newey is leaving Red Bull! Apparently, he isn't happy with how the whole Christian Horner business was handled. Every team in the paddock would give their left nut to sign him. I'd like to see him go to Ferrari and turn their fortunes around. He's contracted until the end of 2025,tho.

Astin Martin has an offer out to him as does Ferrari. He has turned down Ferrari multiple times. I'm hoping he goes to Austin. Maybe that's why Alonso signed on to an extension. It's anybodies guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Jun 9, 2018
England
News is that Adrian Newey is leaving Red Bull! Apparently, he isn't happy with how the whole Christian Horner business was handled. Every team in the paddock would give their left nut to sign him. I'd like to see him go to Ferrari and turn their fortunes around. He's contracted until the end if 2025,tho.

Astin Martin has an offer out to him as does Ferrari. He has turned down Ferrari multiple times. I'm hoping he goes to Austin. Maybe that's why Alonso signed on to an extension. It's anybodies guess.

I read a while back that he said he'd like to work at Ferrari one day. I know he's said he'd like to work with Lewis. If anyone could turn Ferrari into a winning machine it's Newey. The guys a freaking genius. Every team he's been at he's designed multiple championship/constructer winning cars. Williams, Mclaren and Red Bull.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
News is that Adrian Newey is leaving Red Bull! Apparently, he isn't happy with how the whole Christian Horner business was handled. Every team in the paddock would give their left nut to sign him. I'd like to see him go to Ferrari and turn their fortunes around. He's contracted until the end if 2025,tho.

I read a while back that he said he'd like to work at Ferrari one day. I know he's said he'd like to work with Lewis. If anyone could turn Ferrari into a winning machine it's Newey. The guys a freaking genius. Every team he's been at he's designed multiple championship/constructer winning cars. Williams, Mclaren and Red Bull.
Being an Alonso fan I hope Astin gets him. Ferrari has deep pockets though. From what I read, he may not be able to return to F1 until 2027 if he leaves Red Bull now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 and we don't know what other stipulations are in the contract.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
It is still early days to be talking about who might go where.
However the season so far has been so boring, I hardly blame people to start talking about next year.
I watch the races in the hope that things will improve. But they generally don't.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is still early days to be talking about who might go where.
However the season so far has been so boring, I hardly blame people to start talking about next year.
I watch the races in the hope that things will improve. But they generally don't.
Agreed, after the first 10 laps complete, I fast forward to the finish. I've been an F1 fan since the early 1980's, but they are slowly losing me.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I started getting into F1 from the Netflix documentary series, but last year when they came to Vegas it was a total nightmare dealing with them at work. Ridiculous timelines and demands. I’m shocked the race actually happened. I’m dreading having to deal with it for the next five years.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Agreed, after the first 10 laps complete, I fast forward to the finish. I've been an F1 fan since the early 1980's, but they are slowly losing me.
Next year is shaping up to be more of the same as there are no major rule changes. There are big changes due in 2026 and that normally shakes things up but that seems a long way off. I wouldn't mind if Ferrari and Mercedes just gave up on this season and started working on next years car in the hopes of taking it to Red Bull in 2025. Nobody is catching Max this year. He's at the top of his game and he's in easily the best car. Unless he has a ton of reliability problems (which I don't see happening) then he's as good as Champion already.