PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
So you're saying that the woman who accused Christian Horner and is now suspended is Jos Verstappen's mistress? Where did you hear that? I haven't read about that.
Rumor has it that they have been together for roughly three years. It was a German publication that broke that news last week so it's not in the tabloid cycle now that Marko is topping the news. And lets be clear, I have no respect for Marko after his treatment of Perez last year. His ass should have been gone then.
So now it seems Toto is offering Marko employment which am sure would sets the stage for Verstappen going to Mercedes.
I like Max. He is a great driver and I personally enjoy watching him break records, but this circus with his old man and Marko has to stop.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Rumor has it that they have been together for roughly three years. It was a German publication that broke that news last week so it's not in the tabloid cycle now that Marko is topping the news. And lets be clear, I have no respect for Marko after his treatment of Perez last year. His ass should have been gone then.
So now it seems Toto is offering Marko employment which am sure would sets the stage for Verstappen going to Mercedes.
I like Max. He is a great driver and I personally enjoy watching him break records, but this circus with his old man and Marko has to stop.
Thanks for the info👍

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Barring a massive turnaround in fortunes for the other teams I can't see anyone stopping Max making it 4 in a row. Red Bull seem just as dominant as last year. Shame, as I was hoping for a title battle this year.

Reactions: FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Barring a massive turnaround in fortunes for the other teams I can't see anyone stopping Max making it 4 in a row. Red Bull seem just as dominant as last year. Shame, as I was hoping for a title battle this year.
Me too. Austin has a lot of work to do if they plan to be competitive. I was rooting for Bearman the whole race and the young man did good. Kudos to Hamilton for being the first to congratulate him. I've never been a Hamilton fan, but he is a class act. I'll be rooting for him when he leaves Mercedes.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Getting bored with F-1 is now way too easy.

When Hamilton was dominating- or at least winning World Cups, weren't the races closer?

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Getting bored with F-1 is now way too easy.

When Hamilton was dominating- or at least winning World Cups, weren't the races closer?
I remember Hamilton winning by 20+ seconds. Seems to be the going theme though, Schumacher, Vettle, Hamilton and now Verstappen. Eventually Max's skill will fade and another young buck will dominate.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I watch the highlights on youtube. The video is only about 8 minutes long. But there is only about 8 mins of excitement anyway.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Enjoy old school open wheel racing.

How did any of those guys survive to retire?
By the grace of God. These cars didn't even have seat belts, heck there isn't even a roll bar, not that it would do much good aif you're not strapped in the car. I know how some of us yearn for simpler days or the good ole days but thank goodness for modern safety innovations in motor sports. On the other hand, F1 needs to bring back the sound of the prehybrid cars.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Apart from Max going out and George Russell crashing at the end, it was a boring race. Unless Max has a ton of reliability issues I can't see anyone stopping him winning his 4th world championship. Good to see Sainz on the top step of the podium and Lando getting 3rd 👍.

Hopefully Ferrari can develop some mega updates and make things a bit more interesting 🤞.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My level of excitement for the next race is close to zero. Wish it weren't so! I'll watch the latter half of quali, and the first few laps before I hit the FF button. Or I'll just go to highlights.

Is there a preferred site/source for highlights? Link appreciated.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Ggreat sprint Race qualifying! Norris on pole with Lewis and Fernando in 2nd & 3rd and Max in 4th. I'm looking forward to the sprint race, now. I hope we get some more mild rain this weekend as it mixes everything up.

The sprint race starts at 4am UK time and I was going to watch anyway but I wasn't really that hyped because I thought it'd be another easy pole for Max and then a win in the race. Now, it's all up for grabs. Better make sure I set my alarm clock⏰.