PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
On an average day I have a hard time picking one blend for my next smoke, never mind for the rest of my life. But I'll play along:

D&R Rimboché AB

It has the best of all worlds. A little bit of Latakia, some Dark Fired leaf and real-deal perique in one, high quality Virginia. Ages wonderfully. Would I get tired of smoking it every day? Absolutely.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
If you had to pick just one blend to smoke for the rest of your smoking days, what would you choose?
As I answered to this in another thread, I'd choose to quit smoking a pipe. There isn't a blend I've tried, and granted it's a small cross section at about 700 blends, that wouldn't outlast its welcome.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
That's a very difficult question for me as I really like variety. But if I HAD to smoke only one blend, then it would probably something that offers more than just one dimension depending on the age.

For me, that would probably be PS Luxury Navy Flake. I wouldn't necessarily call it my favorite. Maybe not even in my top 5 blends of all time. But it probably changes the most of any other blend in my cellar with age.

When it's young, it is bright, sweet and almost aromatic in character. But as it ages it develops deeper more nuanced flavors more akin to a darker Va/Per blend.

So in essence, I could smoke the same blend, but depending on the age I would get very different flavor profiles so I can still enjoy the variety of flavors that I like.

A second on LNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.