PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I just picked up 2 estate Dr Grabow Viscounts which I think will bumb my Danish lady down a peg tho... :puffy:

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
My answer to the question is, "whatever pipe I'm currently smoking". Still, one of my all time favorites is an Italian Brebbia that looks great and consistently offers a dry and hassle-free smoke.

55851c70.jpg

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Nice Brebbia, Seakayak! It's true, Brebbias are consistently good. I have four Brebbias and they're all well made, beautiful to look at, workhorses that are consistently good smokers.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I have a few I'd like to share with y'all. I can't choose just one. These are all my best smoking pipes. There are a few more than these, but they'll get their turn soon enough.
Ser Jacopo Sandblasted Hawkbi
I have to excuse myself now and go clean up. 8O :worship: Put me down for that one in your Last Will & Testament :wink:

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Wildcat, you don't like straight pipes a little do you?
Carpenter: Yeah at first I did (still do??). I smoke and drive, tinker and smoke etc... the straights keep the smoke outta my eyes. But the 910 got me to thinking about bents and I've now got a new Viking bent, several bent baskets, bent Grabows, several bent cobs ( a new one today 'smatter of fact!). Sooooo I dunno. I like smokin', that much I do know!

dienne

Lurker
Feb 6, 2012
My favourite pipe is this Winslow's Elliot freehand (graded E) I bought some yeas ago when a pipe from Winslow was quite more affordable. It was love at first sight and of course I like the shape, its haptic feeling and the textures of the wood. It's a small one (about 13 cm. X 29 gr.), perfectly fitting my mouth where I can hold it for how long it's needed. It is my preferred also for its timing since it smokes for 25/30 min., so perfect for a break. As for the taste, being both small and straight this one allows a relaxed and very delicate sipping and any fragrance can be tasted with no particular effort. Actually is my tester for new blends. Last but not least, it has the structural advantage of a bowl slightly leaning forward, so you can pack without care being virtually impossible to block the opening of the stem.

dnelliottprof-150x112.jpg

dnelliottabove-150x112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.