PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Just got my 4th ever Castello, though it's the lone one among my collection at present.

Am I correct in believing the 51 inside the castle stamp means it was made in 1998?

What year did the Kino stamp replace the Scotti stamp?
"KINO stamp begin in 2007 – 60th anniversary. Kino is Franco Coppo’s nick name."

"1987 – the 40th anniversary Castello begins the number within a castle stamp. The number added to 1947 gives the year of pipe creation. ie 50 within a castle = 1947 + 50 = 1997."

Per: Castello | Welcome to Briar Blues - https://briarblues.com/castello/

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
Well, the Castello that I've been waiting to find for quite some time now, arrived at the beginning of the year. (Just getting round to posting it)

The elusive Shape 34 in Sea Rock, GG.

Fired it up last night with a bowl full of Three Nuns. Great smoke, as expected, and I should also add that I was extremely pleased with the comfort of the stem. As we know, Castello bits/buttons can be quite thick, but this one is very thin, I guess that it may have been worked on by the previous owner, either way, I'm happy.

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
Oh! how I love this pipe!
Sea rock, reflecting a love of rustication come upon late in my pipe appreciation.
Dublin, a classic shape with an attitude.
Black, a color that can be used flawlessly, as it is here.

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
  • Love
Reactions: VDL_Piper

Barkman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2023
My first Castello. Was able to trade in a bunch of pipes that I bought when starting out (before i knew anything) and pick up this trademark bulldog in great shape from smokingpipes. Christening it with some Inns of Court
IMG_0778.jpeg

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
My first Castello. Was able to trade in a bunch of pipes that I bought when starting out (before i knew anything) and pick up this trademark bulldog in great shape from smokingpipes. Christening it with some Inns of Court
View attachment 267843
Lo and behold that wonderful "granite" grain. And to think the Trademark is Castello's entry grade.
Congrats , beautiful doggie .