PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hey guys! Been a while since I’ve been on here drooling over everyone’s recent acquisitions! One of my favorite threads.
Here’s one of my recents that shows my weakness for a good sandblast. The “Milverton”. I have a couple from the Sherlock Holmes series, and appreciate their larger proportions and exaggerated lines. This is just a standard sandblast, not a PSB.
Some of the PSBs I’ve seen, across all the different lines, are really nice and worth the price. But when you come across a great blast in the standard lines it’s real treat!
View attachment 291119View attachment 291120
Wow! If I were grading this would've definitely made the PSB grade. But I would've also probably thrown a bunch of the PSBs in the rusticated camp so maybe I'm not the best judge.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Hey guys! Been a while since I’ve been on here drooling over everyone’s recent acquisitions! One of my favorite threads.
Here’s one of my recents that shows my weakness for a good sandblast. The “Milverton”. I have a couple from the Sherlock Holmes series, and appreciate their larger proportions and exaggerated lines. This is just a standard sandblast, not a PSB.
Some of the PSBs I’ve seen, across all the different lines, are really nice and worth the price. But when you come across a great blast in the standard lines it’s real treat!
Nice pipe.

Reactions: Nevaditude

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
That's nice one!

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
L
Ebay score this morning - hoping it arrives safe and sound and is in as good of shape as it looks. Maybe a single bowl has gone through it. There is a 1982 hallmark, but no shape number. Any thoughts on what shape this could be?
My guess is 312 or 317.

View attachment 291624
Lucky Dog ! I’ve wanted one for years and was too late the last time they made any. 317 maybe ?
In any event it’s beautiful!
You see another like that please let me know!
Congratulations on a beautiful pipe.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Ebay score this morning - hoping it arrives safe and sound and is in as good of shape as it looks. Maybe a single bowl has gone through it. There is a 1982 hallmark, but no shape number. Any thoughts on what shape this could be?
My guess is 312 or 317.

View attachment 291624
I've been on the lookout for one of those. Can't believe I missed it. Congrats!

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
L

Lucky Dog ! I’ve wanted one for years and was too late the last time they made any. 317 maybe ?
In any event it’s beautiful!
You see another like that please let me know!
Congratulations on a beautiful pipe.
Thanks! I have been hunting for a long time too. I was just getting ready to buy an Altinay meer, but this happened at the right time.