SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
You're talking to the guy who ate live termites. Not much bothers me. Except maybe eating lugies (raw oysters).

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I used to love raw Chincoteague oysters. Then I got sick after eating raw oysters and sharing three bottles of champagne with my then girlfriend. Some memories you can see and smell.

So, what leaves me befuddled, incredulous and mystified that seemingly the rest of humanity accepts like mother’s milk? I would need a billboard to list them all. In 10pt type.

This guy gets it.
Ugh. That woman licking the gum on the wall. I winced, but I see it all the time. That's bubble gum alley in San Luis Obispo, California. About 10 minutes from my home. I see tourists there all the time. I never realized hepatitis was so YouTube worthy.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
It's a bit of a game The Architect enjoys playing.

Something that strikes you as absolutely impossible, 100% NFW, and simply can't be true... but the world around you insists it is. i.e. no one else has any trouble with it.

For me, it's humans eating raw oysters.

Seriously???

Disgusting, nasty, space-alien-looking globs of membrane-encapsulated snot pulled out of some infected cow's nose.

There is NO WAY that anyone, anywhere, at any time ever ate that shit, never mind pays fancy money for it in a restaurant.

No effing way.

Not in a trillion years.

What have YOU seen that proves The Matrix is real, and we're all being toyed with for entertainment?
And they're still alive when you eat them!
"You put cocktail sauce and lemon on it and then slurp it down."
How about I just put cocktail sauce on a cracker and call it a day.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Divine Proportion, nature does suggest an unseen force or code at work in the Universe. KIMG3204.JPGKIMG3205.JPGKIMG3206.JPGKIMG3207.JPGKIMG3209.JPGKIMG3208.JPGKIMG3210.JPG

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Maybe I didn't understand the OP's request for participation. My loss I guess...I hate the double buy experience at SP, the Matrix has a sick sense of humor.

Reactions: Servant King

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Prairie oysters. The thought of eating gonads makes me gag.
But it increases one's virility! More than oysters!
I've et alligator, crawfish, octopus, raw shrimp that was sill wiggling on the plate, brains, kidneys and a variety of other roads less traveled. I can't quite get into eating grasshoppers neither.
Small fried and well seasoned grasshoppers tasted good, and if they were the only vittle served, I'd eat some more.

A sister served Rocky Mountain Oysters to me once, disguising it in every way. It was good tasting! But I might pass if offered again.

Has anyone mentioned brains? Again, good if you didn't know what they were. If well seasoned they'd taste fine. Mental gyrations might make them taste awful to an induhvidual.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I have never eaten oysters. They really don't appeal to me.
However, if they were cooked, chopped up really small and covered in curry sauce. I think I could manage them if I had to.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I never at oysters until I move here. They are everywhere. The French eat more per capaita than any other country. I like them with a dash of hot sauce. That said, they are kinda gross if you think about them. I just try not to think about it too much.

• Love
Reactions: orlandofurioso

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I
I’m more concerned with the “alternative protein sources” the FDA,WHO etc are all behind, because cow farts, rather than fluctuations in the planet that have been going on since the beginning of the geologic record, are gonna kill us all.🦗
I totally agree. Trust me, insects, or lab grown meat for that matter, will not be a protein option on my table.

Reactions: Sobrbiker
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
You really live in a hobbit-hole ?
I envy you.
Actually and historically, oyster shells have been found in ancient american indian settlements along the coastlines of the upper northwest and Alaska; the aboriginal settlements along the coast of India, Australia, New Zealand; France etc. These settlements have been dated to 14 to 17,000 yrs ago. So cow snot was a thing back in the day. Check out National Geographic and Public Television to learn more. The more you know ...

• Haha
Reactions: Hillcrest and Zero

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Meat dresses seem to be all the craze. The side effect is getting salmonella in the cooch. Yeah, I'll stay home...the Matrix has you...View attachment 304103
First song on the radio (08:04 am) when I cranked up the machine - Just Dance by Lady Gaga. The Matrix, Tao, God, or the Universe (whatever you want to call it) is constantly winking at me😉KIMG3211.JPGScreenshot_20240418-082528~2.png