PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I would love to see Edmonton get to the finals for two reasons: (1) to watch Connor McDavid play as long as possible and, hopefully, win a cup, and (2) to give a small northern city in Canada reason to celebrate.

Reactions: Dave760

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
And Rempe? he won't last long in the NHL.
Funny, I had a chat with my father-in-law just this morning about this immutable fact. He's a Ranger fan who finds Rempe's antics repugnant, which is refreshing...I think most fans are too biased to view such issues with impartiality. But yeah, we're in agreement on this one--Rempe has a target on his back to begin with, and this kind of stuff just exacerbates it. He's practically begging for Tom Wilson to skate over during a line change, grab his head, and remodel it a bit using the half-boards. It's only a matter of time.

I also can't help but remember the big cheap shot when I was a kid, Dale Hunter on Pierre Turgeon in the '93 semis. Something like this could easily happen too.

• Haha
Reactions: kola

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, that seems about right.

@ssjones my Kings will be joining your Caps shortly, swapping sticks and skates for golf clubs and cigars (but probably no pipes).
Caps fans will have to live with this until Ovie gets the scoring record. We could have used #32 this year. He was pretty dirty and crossed the line many times. (and he was head coach for all one failed experimental season).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Matthew's playing sick ? Yet Nylander comes back and cusses him out on the bench, another Leaf guy listening slams down his gloves? Toronto blowing up. One hot mess there. The entire team is to blame...they can't score.
The NHL announcer said someone read lips and he said "This is junior hockey any more" or something to that extent (ie: grow-up!)

Reactions: kola

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
The NHL announcer said someone read lips and he said "This is junior hockey any more" or something to that extent (ie: grow-up!)

Yep, true...and first thing Nylander said was "quite your effin' crying, bro." LOL

I play on a Mens League Hockey Team....and this type of stuff happens a lot. IMO, sometimes (a lot of times actually) it needs to be said.... "depending"..

But in Pro sports they have cameras everywhere - that catch all these little things. And the media eats it up.

I totally agree with your Ovie comment. The Cavemen wants it.

Last edited:

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Damm, I forgot about that hack-idiot0goon Dale Hunter. And watching and listening to the vid you posted? That announcer giving him all kind of praise how great he is. What Bromance that was. If would never cross anyones mind to attack a player after he scored a goal. Only from that excuse for a man.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I can't believe Edmonton won last night with just 12 shots
That's the second time in these playoffs that a 12 shot performance has yielded a W. Perhaps this is what they mean by "less is more," although it will still put any offensive coordinator in great danger of getting his walking papers...

Looks like the Kitties have quelled the electrical storm. #19 lives on to screw with yet more opponents!

Last edited: