PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BonyTony

Lurker
Jan 2, 2022
I have wondered for some time what other pipe smokers typically wear when they smoke. Due to the climate in my area being on the colder side, and downright freezing during the winter, I usually have to dress for warmth. When I want to smoke outside during the winter I will usually wear one of two outfits. The first of these is when I am doing work outside while I smoke or when I do not want to get very dressed up. I'll typically wear flannel lined jeans, insulated Carhartt bibs, an Irish wool sweater, and then a thick jacket over that. For when I actually want to dress up, which mostly occurs when I'm smoking in the company of others, I'll wear a traditional wool suit with a long coat or a trench coat. It feels like -15 in my area today, so I'll be wearing the first option when I smoke and shovel snow. Let me know what you all are wearing when you smoke.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
If I'm at home...

Outside, 350 days a year - t-shirts and shorts or jeans.
The other 15 days? Long sleeve shirt or light sweater.

I have been known to sit on my "porch" during a hurricane and watch the wind and rain while smoking a pipe. T-shirt and shorts for that also.