Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I’ve seen some recent footage of Iron Mike and it looks like he can still move. I’d like to see Jake Paul get flattened.

I loved watching Mike Tyson fight when he was still under Cus D’Amato’s tutelage—his movement, and ducking were so impressive for a heavyweight; Roberto Duran, Alexis Arguello, Julio Caesar Chavez, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler in their primes were a joy to watch. Floyd Mayweather, while talented, made boxing very boring for me.

Tyson has been wildly out of shape for a long time now. And, his drug use is historical, especially the stimulants and steroids. He was exciting to watch back years agio before the roided off Holyfield's ear. He is dangerous, and damaged, but he just isn't the boxer he once was. I'd want him on my side in a street fight, but, I wouldn't put money on either of them. We won't see much actual boxing in that fight, which makes me disinterested.

Sugar Ray was my all time fav also. But, I'm keeping an eye on Terrance Crawford.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Tyson has been wildly out of shape for a long time now. And, his drug use is historical, especially the stimulants and steroids. He was exciting to watch back years agio before the roided off Holyfield's ear. He is dangerous, and damaged, but he just isn't the boxer he once was. I'd want him on my side in a street fight, but, I wouldn't put money on either of them. We won't see much actual boxing in that fight, which makes me disinterested.

Sugar Ray was my all time fav also. But, I'm keeping an eye on Terrance Crawford.
Crawford is legit!

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It is a TV event and I'm sure Tyson really needs the money, or he wouldn't do it. Well, I really don't know why but it makes a little.

In reading the gross overpayment Tyson is asking for even if he loses shows me that this is merely a money grab, probably to help pay for his expensive coke and prostitute habits. Four months to lose all that fat. The more I read, the more I am certain that there will be no real boxing, but I will most certainly watch it... for the same reason I would watch a car wreck or natural disaster. Maybe someone will lose an ear, or have a heart attack.