PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Henry Westons vintage cider (6.5%).
Of course you're in the perfect neck of the woods for good cider.

There is a world renowned place in Newton Abbot in Devon called the Cider Bar which is basically a pub that sells nothing but cider, perry & fruit wines. No beer, no lager and no annoying fruit machines either.

Hereford & Worcester was well represented among the many wooden barrels lined up at the back of the bar last time I visited.

Their bar snacks were limited to a cheese & pickle sandwich or nothing :oops:, very basic as is the décor but it's a great place to visit.

ye olde.jpg

Jay.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
A Quilmes with my late afternoon pipe.

20240422-165315-0.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Of course you're in the perfect neck of the woods for good cider.

There is a world renowned place in Newton Abbot in Devon called the Cider Bar which is basically a pub that sells nothing but cider, perry & fruit wines. No beer, no lager and no annoying fruit machines either.

Hereford & Worcester was well represented among the many wooden barrels lined up at the back of the bar last time I visited.

Their bar snacks were limited to a cheese & pickle sandwich or nothing :oops:, very basic as is the décor but it's a great place to visit.

View attachment 305081

Jay.
I could just go a cheese and pickle sandwich.
No cider tonight as it's cold and wet. Back on the beer with a pint of 'Old Hooky'.
DSC_0530.JPG

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Simon, would that be the one made by Whyte & Mackay? If so I had it some years ago (I might even still have a bottle) and I thought it quite good though a little light in flavour.

Jay.
Don’t think so, it just says ‘Woodsman Whisky Company, Glasgow’ on the label. As you say, very light in flavour & I find it quite watery. Tastes a bit like drinking Lipton’s iced tea! lol