PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5343.jpeg
Cornell & Diehl’s Old Joe Krantz in my Vauen Dr. Perl 4048 with a tapered vulcanite stem and 9mm filter.

I bought this pipe never smoked before as new old stock. I’ve only smoked it a couple times, so the grey bowl lining can still be seen near the top of the bowl.

The old vulcanite on these pipes is really great. It’s still jet black after who knows how many decades.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just finished a rather interesting herring salad followed by a couple of Vaasa crackers and blue cheese. This will be my last bowl for the day and I am happy to report I am almost at the end of this never ending jar of Broken Flake No:7. In fact it has grown on me so much I think I might order another pound of the stuff as I am sure the flake will mix well with other things, if not I rather like it on its own. My pipe for this evening is the rather fun stubby 5 inch meerschaum 'cutty' pipe with silver shank repair by Northern Briars very own Ian Wilson whose handy work I heartily recommend. The orific amber stem is a rare survivor from the late 19th century Viennese meerschaum pipe making trade and smokes really well. Enjoy your evening and I will see you all tomorrow if the 'Big Fella' upstairs says it is to be so. Good night all.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
2021 Union Square (from @AcesAndEights ) in the Medico pot (from @Servant King .) After a fiercely stormy day, it has settled into a beautiful still afternoon.

IMG_3687.jpeg

I’m having my best smoke of this stuff so far. I don’t know if it’s the pipe, the weather, or my technique is improving, but I’m able to hold it in that “sweet spot” a lot better. What I’ve heard described as a “fizzy candy” flavor and started to repeat might actually just be what others call citrusy and tangy. Every so often, I get ghosts of the Kendal tobacco I’ve smoked in this pipe, but I’m not mad about that at all!