PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I just got a tin of Gawith Hoggarth Best Brown #2 in the mail today so I'm giving this blend a try for the first time, in a Morgan Bones Milan.puffy

IMG20240417193039~2.jpg

On one level it's nothing special, it's just a basic Virginia/Burley mix with no detectable toppings and no condimental tobaccos, but on another level it does what it's trying to do really well. You can taste the grassiness of the bright Virginias, the dark earthiness of the red Virginias, and the warm nuttiness and cocoa notes of the burleys all in relatively equal quantity. It's simple and a little plain, but really good! The nicotine content is squarely medium, the smoke is cool and smooth, and while the retrohale is a little sharper and spicier than I'd like it's still just a very pleasant and satisfying blend. Well done Gawith Hoggarth!

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2018 Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a straight smooth brown 1933-36 KBB Yello-Bole Honey Cured Briar 2384 Acorn with a tapered yellow rock ambra stem.
KBB Yellow-Bole Honey Cured_Acorn1.jpg

I’m sorry to say that there’s not much good news today. Abner the Eager (who’s not neutered) very lightly sprayed the scampers playpen twice, so he’s not allowed inside now. Tomato the Brave’s bow tie collar is missing, and I greatly suspect his former owners took it off. They did that to him and Daisy the Feral Princess when they got a dog, knowing that would chase them away. Although the female of the home claimed that she didn’t know how it happened back then, she knew by the way I stared at her that I didn’t believe both cats lost their collars at the same time. They certainly couldn’t take them off as she suggested. I asked her back then, “Then why didn’t they take off their flea collars, too.” She said she didn’t know that either. Daisy doesn’t go out much any more, so the chances of them removing her collar is remote. But, Tomato… well, you get the message.
TomatoNeckTwistSnoozeClose.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Every night right about this time I always stop and ask myself, "You've got a cellar full of 80 or 90 of some of the finest premium pipe tobacco blends from all around the world, so why on Earth are you smoking Captain Black?" I'll ponder the question for a minute or two, slowly sipping my custom corncob pipe and letting the sweet sugar cookie scented smoke waft gently from my nostrils, before eventually coming to the only sensible conclusion I can muster: "Because I like it."

IMG20240418013748~2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a third of a bowl left of Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Downed a clay of Clan in 45s this morning!
Made a loaf of bread; going to re-use an empty bread bag to store it. Not much single use with me!
Took a reusable cup for my take-out hot drinks today. Bought a homeless man 2 coffees & drank one with him. He gave me his empty cup for refilling; again not much single use with me!
I gave another homeless man a card for a free hot drink (buy 9 hot drinks, get a stamp each time for a free one).
The Latte & hot chocolate went down well!