PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Had my b-day smoke in my b-day pipe (maiden voyage), Peterson Flake in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bent bulldog. Very low-key b-day, but that's my style anyway. Plus, it's Pesach, so I'm enjoying some nice smoked whitefish and homemade matzah tonight. Anyway, good smoke today. 8.3/10

Bird report: House finch, California scrub-jay, Mountain chickadee, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco (as soon as it cooled down, they came back), American crow, Common raven, White-crowned sparrow, and a yellow house finch which, according to the local octogenarian ornithologist (how's that for alliteration?), is a recessive gene in the species that causes the head and breast to come out yellow in lieu of the usual red. Seen a lot of them this year so far.

@PaulRVA thank you for the b-day wishes! I'll try to keep the bird reports coming, but they could go on strike at a moment's notice... :LOL:

@Sobrbiker ditto, and additionally, thanks for the great equine photos! Wifey compliments their appearance and demeanor...they look like Clydesdales compared to our 15 hand mustang! 🐎

View attachment 305731

View attachment 305732

Loving this pipe already! 😍
Happy birthday

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Good morning and happy Friday. Settling into work with a bowl of Sixpence in a Grabow. With coffee served in my “Worlds Okayest Employee” mug. I don’t like giving my boss and colleagues the impression I’m anything but okay. Doing anything beyond that sets expectations that I’m a pleasant and exceptional employee which would lead to more work and interactions with others.

Happy birthday @Servant King :) IMG_3552.jpeg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Salty Dogs in a Peterson Christmas pipe. First time smoking this blend, and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. Not as dark and rich as I thought it would be, and the rum definitely lifts it even more.View attachment 305963
Thanks for the post, I’ve been looking to try it but haven’t gotten over the “sticker shock vs unknown“ factor. I do like Dan’s angle on a lot of blends-quality stuff.

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Today is a good day for a little experimentation. As i've recently finished off a couple tins on the shelf, i decided to dig into the cellar and look for one-offs to open, being that i now have empty jars sitting around. Can't have that. So what i found were 3 old tins of GL Pease. Going to smoke these relatively back to back as the morning progresses. Laurel Heights from 2013 in a Bear's Den Briar commissioned snail, followed by Filmore from 2006 in a Stanwell dublin and finished up with Montgomery from 2010 in a Roadtown Freehand.

xpermnt.JPG

Let the games begin...starting with the VA:

x1 VA snail.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.