PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First bowl of a freshly cracked b-day tin of 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. Freaking fantastic, 9.5/10

Bird report: California towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Mountain chickadee, House finch (see below), Common raven, California quail, Red-tailed hawk, Western bluebird, Northern flicker, Dark-eyed junco, Eurasian collared dove, and White-crowned sparrow.

porto cervo 2.jpg

house finch male.jpg

House finch males are typically red on the head and breast, but we've been seeing an explosion lately of yellow-colored finches, which is apparently a recessive gene becoming more dominant. I've also seen several that have more of an orange motif going on...perhaps they're interbreeding with the red ones? Whatever it is, they're positively beautiful, and welcome to gorge themselves on the seed I put out so as to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY GARDEN! Thank you in advance for your cooperation...

Here's the couple together, with his wife looking right at me:

house finch couple.jpg

Be well everyone!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Any time you wanna double your money, let me know. But $40’d be my limit😉
The last 3 pipe and or tobacco packages I've sent out were lost or destroyed. Dunhill fascination perplexes me. I've had five that were badly drilled, the blasts were unremarkable, and the stem work leaves a lot to be desired. This one's future will be the trash when I no longer find it useful but misspellings on ebay go beneath the radar frequently. This one was listed as a "Dunhull" and I got no competition in the bidding. It came with the box, sock, and original pamphlet.

Remini20220309174646694.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5394.jpeg
First smoke of the day is Haunted Bookshop in a no name 1/4 bent meerschaum with acrylic semi transparent fishtail stem with 9mm filter.

I made the mistake of smoking one bowl of Golden Blend’s Black Cherry quite a while ago in this pipe and I’m still trying to smoke the ghost out. My sister-in-law and her partner bought that blend for me as a gift on their trip to Japan last year. They knew I smoked a pipe and bought that blend for me out of a vending machine.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
The last 3 pipe and or tobacco packages I've sent out were lost or destroyed. Dunhill fascination perplexes me. I've had five that were badly drilled, the blasts were unremarkable, and the stem work leaves a lot to be desired. This one's future will be the trash when I no longer find it useful but misspellings on ebay go beneath the radar frequently. This one was listed as a "Dunhull" and I got no competition in the bidding. It came with the box, sock, and original pamphlet.

View attachment 306594
I hear ya, I don’t get it. I get paying decent money for good pipes, but I don’t see ever spending white spot money. The only thing on my radar would be a birth year pipe (I dunno any other brands that have solid dating in ’67, just my luck) but even that’d have to be an unheard of deal (or a typo).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Currently, I am at the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. I should be able to end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.