PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I resurrected a 15 year old tin of Marrakesh Cafe, blended by S. Gawith, that I picked up at the long-gone Tavern Tobacco Co. In Knoxville, TN. This is an oriental forward, low lat blend that I hope will let me decide whether or not to procure some of the new Palmer to Balkan. Smoking it in a Peterson System Standard with p-lip.
View attachment 146333
Very cool!
I have never heard of this blend but after seeing your post I went to tobacco reviews and read up on it. It sounds like my kind of blend - I hope you enjoy it. (I’ve got a couple tins of Palmetto coming. I hope it’s at least half as good as I think it might be.)

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Hello everyone - I took a little break from pipes & cigars for awhile. (I find that doing so helps my sense of taste when I return.) Had a nice Partagas Short cigar yesterday and am enjoying a bowl of 5 Brothers in my MM General cob this morning. Enjoy your day

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I've also used a heat gun to work on stems. Straightened, drilled for a better draw and then rebent. I was so worried I was going to screw it up, but it wasn't as hard as I had imagined.
Yeah, I was amazed how easy it was if you go slow and move the stem a lot. My full bent Peterson’s are almost always over bent so the pipe droops too much. Even my straight pipes improve with the very slightest turn down at the button. Just aesthetics (or anality!) but it pleases my eye and makes my pipes more customized.
I even took one of those stems that Smokingpipes sells and fully straightened it. My old Peterson Straight System has a new life after I chewed through to old vulcanite stem.
image.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Glorious CONDOR Plug in a Meer...

oJQUpmI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.