PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Reflecting on the 17th anniversary of my Dad’s passing tonight with a Camacho Factory Unleashed and some Asleep at the Wheel (one of his favorites) on the juke. I’m pretty sure he’s around because the bird sightings have been crazy! A Cardinal pair, a Downey Woodpecker pair, a Red Winged Blackbird, a Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker, a Coopers Hawk and a Ruby Breasted Grosbeak. All in the span of a half-hour! The Grosbeak I’ve seen three times in 20+ years here and of course he shows today.

IMG_3025.jpegIMG_3019.jpeg

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I just had my first ever Rocky Patel, starting with the Disciple. Today is my birthday and @Ash Cooper got me a selection of cigars - mostly Fuentes (my favorite brand) - but he also nabbed a couple Patels. I figured I should save the ALR for later, after I enjoy the essence of an RP variety.

(The drink is a Rough Rider in a Peugeot chiller glass. That's not the official name but it's what I call them.)

View attachment 307169
Happy Birthday!

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Reflecting on the 17th anniversary of my Dad’s passing tonight with a Camacho Factory Unleashed and some Asleep at the Wheel (one of his favorites) on the juke. I’m pretty sure he’s around because the bird sightings have been crazy! A Cardinal pair, a Downey Woodpecker pair, a Red Winged Blackbird, a Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker, a Coopers Hawk and a Ruby Breasted Grosbeak. All in the span of a half-hour! The Grosbeak I’ve seen three times in 20+ years here and of course he shows today.

View attachment 307416View attachment 307417
Sounds like a moving experience. Thanks for sharing

*hope it was a great smoke too

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
The last "Cracker Crumb" from a 5-pack.

My attempt at a Speak Easy level pic

1000002121.jpg
4.5 X 38, Quite thick Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro over Nic guts.
Good little smoke. Cheap, but I've found they smoke best with a year of humi time

I'll be exploring the Micallef brand's smaller format offerings before buying more of these.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
The last "Cracker Crumb" from a 5-pack.

My attempt at a Speak Easy level pic

View attachment 307612
4.5 X 38, Quite thick Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro over Nic guts.
Good little smoke. Cheap, but I've found they smoke best with a year of humi time

I'll be exploring the Micallef brand's smaller format offerings before buying more of these.
Nailed it! 😉

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I saw this thing at the tobacconist the other day, said "Jesus Christ what the hell", and promptly bought one for the sheer novelty factor.
View attachment 307787
Asylum 13, 80 gauge.
Yeah, why not!

My neighbor gave me one of those Drew Estate eggs as a joke. He was shocked when I actually smoked it. And you know, it was pretty good!

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 "junior"
1000002123.jpg
4 X 38, Ecuadorian Sumatra over DR and Nic.