PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Did I mention I work for the IRS? Lol
Since everything was on paper you could not do much fucking around as there were 1099's generated. That tax rate on that kind of investment was no where near as bad as others. I think it was only 15% if memory serves. My accountant handled these things.

Mercury38

Lurker
Nov 2, 2020
Leavenworth/Seattle Washington
To answer your question Salvaje:
Since “retirement” has bored me to the point of considering slitting my wrists, I’ve been writing anything and everything, ie two books, a screenplay — none completed mind you — some ad copy.
And, oh, the lists: Grocery lists, pipe and tobacco lists, a list of all our pets (we have two). The list goes on…
If it weren’t for my near lifelong love of pipes and a few other vices, I’d still be searching for DIY wrist-slitting videos on Youtube. Now I’ll probably settle for lopping off a small appendage. Life is good.

Reactions: Reggie

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
As of this summer, I'm a homeschool teacher/stay at home dad.
Greatest job I've ever had.
puffypuffypuffy
This is my profession as well. It might be the hardest, and simultaneously most rewarding job I've ever had(3 kids). My wife is a teacher at a local elementary school, and I everyday I learn how badass she is to have done this for so long without a single complaint.
Prior to this I was working as a hardware engineer, focused on serviceability for enterprise server storage systems (banks, gov agencies, and military). Prior to that I was a finish carpenter.

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Aircraft mechanic. My specialty is avionics. Coolest thing ive done in my career are converting passenger DC10's into a fire fighter tanker and when covid happened my company took the charge and did a quick conversion on a 747 cargo to passenger to get Americans outta Wuhan.

Twasson81

Lurker
Aug 22, 2022
Just thought this would be interesting to read through, there's so many members from all over the world and from all ages. What was or is your occupation?
Myself, mostly trades, non profit stint, currently plumbing.
I'm a fully licensed psychologist in private practice providing a mix of mental health and substance abuse services including assessment, psychological testing, and psychotherapy. But in my former life, I delivered and installed furniture and appliances. Also tested fire hydrants for the water company for awhile.

Reactions: Reggie

Twasson81

Lurker
Aug 22, 2022
I was a nanotech chemist who started handling patents for my company, and then spent thirteen years at law firms. I gave it all up to sell pipes, shortly thereafter started selling the pipes that I make, too, which I thought were just a hobby. Now I guess I am taking up running pipe shows, too. There is more craziness in the future, too, I am sure.
You do lovely work IMHO.

Reactions: crashthegrey