PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
my excessive, compulsive PAD beyond anything I could even have imagined!
I make no bones about the fact I suffer a huge personality flaw, a complete excessive, compulsive disorder and you guys and gals have inspired me to explore this one to the fullest, with zero signs of abating.
I'm now about to haul my sorry, and very broke, ass out of bed to commence taking pics for your viewing (and probably laughing) pleasure and amazement at the collection I have amassed in the last 3 or so weeks thanks to your inspiration and knowledge shared that I have gleaned here.
It won't be complete by any stretch of the imagination as there's always about 12 pipes, tobacco stands/racks/canisters in transit, as is currently the case ... namely, some NOS Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cobs, a Nording freehand and some other NOS German Briar/Bone from the 20's-30's as well as some gorgeous Bakelite bits and bobs including the famed Baccyflap, knock-out ashtrays etc.
I'm going to have to sell some to reinstate the credit card to it's former useable state pronto tonto, ones such as the Peterson Standard 14k gold etc. but am having trouble deciding on the sacrificial lambs because I love them all, especially those I've restored to their former glory.
So, off I go for a few long, trying and very frustrating hours, I'm the world's worst photographer. I'm actually doing this for insurance purposes, but once I've got them I thought I'd share them with those whom I hold responsible lmao :)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
LMAO, my hwmNbo is my poor, long suffering Ex, we've been best friends for the last 12 years, the poor fool lives in the adjoining apartment and he spends his time rolling his eyes, shaking his head and calling on my late beloved to come give him some help to deal with this shrew.
Pics taken, just going to snare some from greedBay, drop them in photobucket and then start the arduous task of uploading "Oh Wicked Ones" (note, I formerly called y'all "Oh Wise Ones"!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
You know, one of the reasons I love you is that you spell y'all correctly.
However, if we see you on an episode of Hoarders, we're going to need to talk. ;)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Ha, YOU, YOU of all people, contributed directly to this debacle with that gorgeous Nording that should land any day now - I should've got you to fly it over here, would've been a damn site quicker than this ruddy Xmas post. I bought that pipe 'o yours and it set the trend to seek out more top shelf pipes instead of cruddy little dinky toys damn it.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Yeah.. that pipe made it all the way to Seattle before coming back to me with a note improper paperwork and packaging. I am going to resend it tomorrow I hope at least ...
And if you wanna go halfsies I'd fly out there. Your weather HAS to be better than here.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Uummmm, Hobie, you got wood mate?
Aaarrgh, dangnabbit, you can save the world, but you can't post a pipe properly - bend ye o'er and take what's comin' boy!

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
I do the "save the world" bit. But, I will break stuff and kill people. I mean... Uncle Sugar sent to all those lovely places. Full of things that needed holes in them. I was always better at shooting stuff than filling out paperwork. So I never was an officer.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Keep this stuff up and might have a HISSYFIT!Happend the other day over a couple of asterics..But,gotta love ya girl!

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
aussielass just wait till you start your cellar
Ah Chero, "too late", she cried. A beautiful member sent me some empty tins so I've been putting my loose McClellands etc in there.
Right, ready to upload most to the bucket, brb.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Here we gooooooo ... "Warning Will Robinson, Warning" ... photo overload ....
The rotten, stinking little thing that started this obsession, now fused together with superglue after only 3 bowls of Borkum-Ruddy-Riff, how I kept persisting is a miracle in itself after that horrific experience:
PipesNov2011067.jpg

PipesNov2011057.jpg

PipesNov2011004.jpg

PipesNov2011059.jpg

PipesNov2011061.jpg

My x 3 favorites thus far:
PipesNov2011001.jpg

I restored this lot except for the wee boot pipe with brass ring, most were covered in that hideous "Granpa's bright red, chipped and scratched varnish finish" except for the Peterson's with 14K gold band, that just needed elbow grease & nourishment (thinking I have to sell that one):
PipesNov2011009.jpg

NOS's etc:
PipesNov2011007.jpg

Some "Pretties":
PipesNov2011012.jpg

PipesNov2011016.jpg

PipesNov2011019.jpg

Where's Uncle Arthur when a gal needs him (hope he's on the mend) ... awaiting beautiful stems (more on the Preben Holm super special bowl later)
PipesNov2011022.jpg

PipesNov2011025.jpg

PipesNov2011037.jpg

PipesNov2011044.jpg

I love, love, love this Stanwell:
PipesNov2011049.jpg

PipesNov2011050.jpg

PipesNov2011054.jpg

And for some weird reason this non-descript has a special spot in my heart except she's a bitch to clench:
PipesNov2011055.jpg

The passenger side of my bed constantly looks like this, gaaarrrrgh, damn pipes, baccy, tools and god only knows what else:
PipesNov2011069.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.