PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Oh Yo, it can't grow, it just can't I tremble every time I hit "Place Bid" - I've stopped answering the phone, refuse to open my mail, leave the curtains closed and lights off - if I can't see the Bailiff, he can't see me :)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Umm no subsiding at all Fly, in fact I'm just gathering the numerous pics of stuff hot off the auctions and/or still in transit to put up as well.
My saving grace is I'm the bargain shopper from hell, and if there's one out there to be had, I'll find it AND make it mine!

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
OK, I'm still not done, you guys have driven me further over the edge than just those above, the dribs and drabs still to come in, damn this Xmas mail again, so many empty handed trips home from the Post Office gives rise to severe road rage ....
Oh this pipe is above, but this is an el supremo photo of it, cut by Søren Refbjerg Rasmussen this stately poker sits upright quite handsomely. Known for his pipes labeled Søren, which he started marketing in 1969 in styles similar to those of Preben Holm, this Danbark is a brand less well known in the United States. I think I may choose to be buried with this 'un ....
pipepic9SrenRefbjergRasmussencutthisstatelypoker.jpg

Then I had to get a few of these just in case after only one go I figured the "cob nuts & lovers" were all mad, I thought it only prudent to give this type a fair trial in different forms lmao ...
pipepic.jpg

pipepic1.jpg

pipepic5.jpg

"Stolen" 9ct gold band Meerschaum:
pipepic7.jpg

"Stolen" more gold for the girl:
pipepic1a.jpg

Don't ask why, I have no idea, they're not in the least bit "girlie" so will all be sold, or given away, new or near new Dr G's:
pipepic10.jpg

pipepic11.jpg

Then I took a bit of a fetish for Bakelite, something I've always disliked intensely in the past, shrugs (I totally blame the rattus baggus who sent me in search of a Baccyflap, that gave rise to this madness):
pipepic2.jpg

pipepic3.jpg

pipepic4.jpg

pipepic6.jpg

pipepic8.jpg

A wee bit of France, every girl should have some - this is for the Churchwardens - damn I'm having so much trouble trying to get even normal small pipes to fit into pipe racks, if they're not falling out, they're too long, too short, too wide - surely I don't have to take the bloody stem off every time I want to secure a pipe in a pipe rack, do I????:
pipepic13.jpg

And last but not least (as at the close of business today at any rate) is my exquisite Alabaster Pipe Rest coming from UK via boat 'coz the postage would've destroyed me:
pipepic12.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yowza! Those are some hella nice pipes! You weren't kidding! Guess, you'll have to suffer the disease just like the rest of us. And of course, by "suffer" I mean "enjoy your wickedness". May have to dodge the cops now and then, but it's worth it!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Those.... are some damn nice pipes.
I'm going to be selfish and try to save as much of my Christmas Bonus as possible to spend on backy and pipes!
Muahhahahahaha :twisted:
P.S. Need more smileys Kevin... This just won't do. :cry:

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Jeez, that was a huge collection built in a short time. I'm impressed.
Personally I'm at the point where I rarely buy new pipes. I'm working on my cellar more these days - you know, ammo for the guns. :lol:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition, Juni. Don't forget room for baccy in your bug-out bag, in case you have to bail. My wife doesn't get why I need all these different baccys, but she will when it's worth more than silver and it takes $8 mil to buy a loaf of bread because our currency has tanked and the Presidents' images have been replaced with pix of Chairman Mao, because China owns all of our debt.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Mine does, she likes the different aromas from them (well, most of them :lol: ).

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
You sure have been busy, Di. I have only bought six briar pipes (and a few cobs) in the past six months. And now that I have enough for a good rotation, I expect it will be another six months or more to get to my dozen limit.
Either I don't have the affliction so bad, or my cramped living quarters are forcing me to be moderate. Hmmm... you do have some beauties there.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks everyone, glad y'all are bearing your share of the blame with such good humour. Just think, if I hadn't found PM brimming with your collective enthusiasm and knowledge, I would've thrown that carnival meerschaum toy in the bin, had the ceremonial burning of $80 (2 x pouches) worth of that dried horse shite Borkum Riff, and been ever so miserable. As things stand now, I'm looking for a pipe smoking, or even pipe friendly Psychologist, Psychiatrist who can convince me to put the laptop lid down lol.
Philip, when you think of how many individual items there are, the time spent in finding, buying, paying for, post office runs, and nervous energy involved in procuring them, it's fair to say I haven't had much sleep in 3 weeks. Awww Darling, can't see you not having any aquisitions for 6 months, that's just cruel ... choose one of those manly Dr G's & I'll post her on over to you :) Honest, 'tis no trouble, I'm getting another little package ready to go over to USA for another treasure.

Jul 15, 2011
I think you have amassed as many pipes in three weeks as I have in six months of pipe smoking. Seeing your collection doesn't make me feel so bad about owning as many as I do. You have some real treasures in this collection here. I hope you enjoy them for many years to come.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
All in the last few weeks??? I am .... stunned.
And of course, Guys I think the forum computer virus is working, another one is infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.