SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
Hoping that an Amazon series will even remotely resemble the books they are based on is like hoping that a guy that looks like I do, and makes what I do, can date supermodels.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
He's a good actor and I have enjoyed a lot of his performances even in the Reacher series no doubt. I remember when he was cast in the first Reacher movie how fans of the books lost it but I thought he pulled it off fairly well for a little fella.
I have to be honest. I have enjoyed a lot of movies he's made. I also enjoyed the two Reacher movies.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I'm looking forward to the Amazon offering, but I'm not getting too excited yet as I find that most movies and TV adaptations fall short of the book(s). And the book series, particularly the later ones were running out of steam. I thought Cruise was miscast in the two movies, though he did a credible job. To me, Liam Neeson is a Reacher lookalike.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I could only read about 8 books or so because I could not get the image of Tom Cruise out of my head. That little piss ant had no business be cast as Reacher. I am hoping this series will once and for all purge Tom Cruise from my head and I can go back to reading the books again while binge watching the series.

I like Tom Cruise in a number of movies, but Reacher wasn't one.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Too far the other way, little short guy the first, then Monster Man, those writer fucks don’t know diddly, Monster man will crush everything. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
Haha, he's a big guy in the books -- I did watch the trailer and it is such a small sample size, but the new guy seems to be a little more "bemused" or "affable" than what I perceived from the books - Maverick is one of my top 5 all-time favorite shows, but I wouldn't want a Brett Maverick/Dwayne Johnson type - looking for more of an "edge".

Will be interesting to see how the stories play out!