PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Are there any fans of Churchwardens in respect of the smoking experience? They look great, but...
I have 3 and thought I'd get 4 as I have a special rack for 4 churchwardens...
But I hardly ever utilize them.
Then again, I'm hardly ever sitting... it might be different if I was sitting with a book indoors...

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Are there any fans of Churchwardens in respect of the smoking experience? They look great, but...
I have a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson VII smooth bent egg churchwarden. Came with both standard and churchwarden stems. Smokes great with either one, but I definitely get a cooler and dryer smoke when smoking the longer variant. I am interested in getting one or two more at this point. A regular size bent bulldog is my favorite overall pipe so far, but variety is the spice of life!

Reactions: BingBong

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I’ve been a pipe smoker over 50 years and through hundreds of pipes have never owned a Churchwarden. I want to keep my teeth.

slippery pete

Lurker
May 16, 2024
comer ga
Hello all, as I am still new to pipe smoking, I’m looking to get my second pipe. My first pipe is a MM gentleman straight pipe. I’m fan of Tolkien and saw that MM has a set of cobs called the Cobbit collection. Just wondering if a Churchwarden pipe would be a good second pipe or you guys have a better idea. My budget for a new pipe is 50$ and all of the collection is under that per pipe. Thanks in advance.
I am new as well just have two pipes, both savinelli one is a trevi 614 which is my favorite it fits in a shirt pocket the other is a church warden, the church warden is pretty cool looking and has a "cool" smoke but I tend to smoke while in the yard with my dog a church warden is only practicle for sitting around other wise it's a pain not heavy just the bowl is a long way out and uncomfortable if your walking

Reactions: FLDRD