Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2018 SG Best Brown in a Pete POY X160

53109698421_2ff0cf3d45_k.jpg

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I am just home from the dawn service, it was cold, windy and raining but we stood there and listened to the words spoken with our heads bowed, humbled, thankful, at peace yet highly emotional. It's the 25th of April here in Oz and today is Anzac Day. Today we remember the men and women of our armed services who are serving or who have served, paying special attention to those who paid the ultimate price so we could live the life we do today. Australian troops have fought in every major conflict around the globe since our young country has been formed and we have always supported our allies as and when needed. As a young nation we lost our very best in far flung corners of the globe so our nation could be at peace. These words are spoken at every dawn service as we welcome a new day, new hope, new beginnings.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Attached is a body map of a small segment of France during the First World War and this serves as a poignant reminder of what we have lost. Each square is 166 x 166 yards and the numbers written in blue pen shows the head count of the fallen. As I pen this I'm smoking Star of the East Flake in a Castello, have a blessed day one and all and remember our freedoms are not free but have come at horrific cost.
m_5_000761.jpeg

RPK

Might Stick Around
Dec 30, 2023
Clarksburg, NJ
I am just home from the dawn service, it was cold, windy and raining but we stood there and listened to the words spoken with our heads bowed, humbled, thankful, at peace yet highly emotional. It's the 25th of April here in Oz and today is Anzac Day. Today we remember the men and women of our armed services who are serving or who have served, paying special attention to those who paid the ultimate price so we could live the life we do today. Australian troops have fought in every major conflict around the globe since our young country has been formed and we have always supported our allies as and when needed. As a young nation we lost our very best in far flung corners of the globe so our nation could be at peace. These words are spoken at every dawn service as we welcome a new day, new hope, new beginnings.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Attached is a body map of a small segment of France during the First World War and this serves as a poignant reminder of what we have lost. Each square is 166 x 166 yards and the numbers written in blue pen shows the head count of the fallen. As I pen this I'm smoking Star of the East Flake in a Castello, have a blessed day one and all and remember our freedoms are not free but have come at horrific cost.
View attachment 305666
Thank you for remembering those who serve and those who gave their all and sharing it with us. The words spoken at the service are very moving. God Bless them all.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

I couldn't post before now because of Long Tail.
LT_Looks_Camera.jpg
LT_HeadRub1.jpg
LT_ArmSnooze1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.