PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Had my b-day smoke in my b-day pipe (maiden voyage), Peterson Flake in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bent bulldog. Very low-key b-day, but that's my style anyway. Plus, it's Pesach, so I'm enjoying some nice smoked whitefish and homemade matzah tonight. Anyway, good smoke today. 8.3/10

Bird report: House finch, California scrub-jay, Mountain chickadee, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco (as soon as it cooled down, they came back), American crow, Common raven, White-crowned sparrow, and a yellow house finch which, according to the local octogenarian ornithologist (how's that for alliteration?), is a recessive gene in the species that causes the head and breast to come out yellow in lieu of the usual red. Seen a lot of them this year so far.

@PaulRVA thank you for the b-day wishes! I'll try to keep the bird reports coming, but they could go on strike at a moment's notice... :LOL:

@Sobrbiker ditto, and additionally, thanks for the great equine photos! Wifey compliments their appearance and demeanor...they look like Clydesdales compared to our 15 hand mustang! 🐎

View attachment 305731

View attachment 305732

Loving this pipe already! 😍
Very cool pipe, glad you’re having a good day!
By the way, Bob’s just “got more legs than a bucket of chicken”, whereas Gracie’s cutter lines and half a hand from being a pony😉

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I am just home from the dawn service, it was cold, windy and raining but we stood there and listened to the words spoken with our heads bowed, humbled, thankful, at peace yet highly emotional. It's the 25th of April here in Oz and today is Anzac Day. Today we remember the men and women of our armed services who are serving or who have served, paying special attention to those who paid the ultimate price so we could live the life we do today. Australian troops have fought in every major conflict around the globe since our young country has been formed and we have always supported our allies as and when needed. As a young nation we lost our very best in far flung corners of the globe so our nation could be at peace. These words are spoken at every dawn service as we welcome a new day, new hope, new beginnings.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Attached is a body map of a small segment of France during the First World War and this serves as a poignant reminder of what we have lost. Each square is 166 x 166 yards and the numbers written in blue pen shows the head count of the fallen. As I pen this I'm smoking Star of the East Flake in a Castello, have a blessed day one and all and remember our freedoms are not free but have come at horrific cost.
View attachment 305666
Thank you for sharing this.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

We let Tomato the Brave in to eat after midnight, and he stayed for a short while. And, his second bow tie collar is missing. He had it on early today, but he had been gone most of the afternoon and all of the evening, so it must have been taken off him during that time. I'm sure you folks know what I am thinking right now.
Tomato_GB_RelaxClose2.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Had my b-day smoke in my b-day pipe (maiden voyage), Peterson Flake in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bent bulldog. Very low-key b-day, but that's my style anyway.Anyway, good smoke today. 8.3/10

Loving this pipe already! 😍
Many Happy Returns @Servant King.
Pleased you are enjoying your new Irish Harp 80s - a handsome pipe indeed

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Working and listening to The Challenge of the Yukon from my radio collection.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Fed my cats, Daisy the Feral Princess, and Tomato the Brave. Still have things to do before bed time.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Got a lot done since my last, except for reading baseball box scores. I'll do that when I wake up later this day. Going to finish a couple of other things that I need to do. I may end the day with his smoke.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.