PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
It's been a decent Monday. Pegasus in a Rossi Vittori Billiard before work. Anthology in an MM General in the evening. That blend gets better with each succeeding smoke. Goodnight smoke was Kelly's Coin in a Rosxi Bulldog. I enjoyed this better than my first encounter though it still hasn't blown me away yet. There are hints that it ultimately will.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, and am smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and my last smoke of the day is year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

Just fed shy Stripesy and Daisy the Feral Princess. Had to play traffic cop to keep Stripesy from eating Daisy's food. Stripesy only shows up at night, but Daisy hangs around here much of the time now. She was sleeping on the back deck, and I managed to take this photo of her sleeping without waking her up.
Daisy_stretch.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Mississippi Mud in a MM Freehand. It's my first try of it. I figured I might like it since I like Ten Russians. Not sure about it yet, but I never am after a first bowl, especially if the tin hasn't been open for a while.
I smoke this tobacco from time to time. I think that in order not to saturate you, it would be better to smoke it in a small bowl pipe. I started smoking it in large quantities, in a MM General pipe, I apply this to cigars, if you saturate yourself by smoking many cigars a day, you know that you end up very loaded. Now the latakia bombs, I smoke them in a small cob, or half the bowl of a MM Diplomat pipe.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Last day off. Smoking now a bowl of St. Bruno, in a MM General. Today, a friend and I will have lunch at a Mexican restaurant, on the coast, 20 km from home. It is called Las Patronas. If my friend arrives on time, I promise to leave some pictures here. My friend Juan, is an expert at being late, when he tells you he will be there in 5 minutes, it is really an hour. For me, being on time is very important, I'm sure for you too.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
View attachment 161908
Davidoff Flake Medallions in a Savinelli Arcobaleno. This pipe used to be blue.
I had read about the blue stain wearing off Savinelli pipes and that made me hesitant to get one. Is that from normal use, or did you strip it after seeing partial wear? How long did it take for the stain to start coming off?

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I had read about the blue stain wearing off Savinelli pipes and that made me hesitant to get one. Is that from normal use, or did you strip it after seeing partial wear? How long did it take for the stain to start coming off?
I have a Savinelli Arcobaleno that is blue. While not as worn as @WildTurkeySurprise it started to show wear from regular use after about 1 month.

It's a great smoker and was a gift, but I wouldn't recommend another.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Status
Not open for further replies.