PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
My father always enjoyed Dutch Masters and White Owl cigars. The other day, I popped in at a roadside smoke shop and was amazed to find a box of White Owl Classic Cigars. Upon opening the box and unwrapping a cigar, I was once again reminded of what it must be like to approach heaven. Although the makers use what I suspect is some paper filler, the quality of the tobacco leaf that remains is simply as good as it gets in even a Cuban or top tier Dominican. Who could argue this after inhaling just one whiff after lighting up.

With all this talk about RYO and the virtues of inherently cheap "pipe" tobacco, honestly, it is long over due for us to pay homage to the good ole White Owl classic. They are cheap and you can get a box for well under $50. I got mine for $41 at the roadside shop on Indian land.

Why go handmade when a machine can do it for better and much more reliable every time.

Who else is a fan and a believer of Machine made cigars?

telescopes

Well, bouy silver it's not.
You are absolutely correct. It’s more like Buoy Red. I detect a bit of Sappy spicey notes that seem to have a Northern French African note to them. I can’t place the country but it seems to be west of Tunisia and East of Moracco.

White Owl cigars were Everyman cigars. They were your grandfather’s cigars and for 5 cents a man could have a few moments of heaven. Today, according to the inflation calculator, that 5 cents would be $20. But you can get a White Owl classic for under 50 cents today and not have to give a damn about the Rapper (now that’s clever).

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Ahh yes. The Garcia Vega green wrappers! Mmmm mmmm.

One of my all time favorite machine made cigars were made in Tampa Florida - Rigeletto Black Arrows (now discontinued) but you can still find Rigeletto Black Jacks today, sold 4 to a box.

And White Owls? The Granger of the cigar world. 😂

telescopes

Oh man !
I haven’t seen one in years.
Brings back memories of smoking Old Port cigarillos and thinking they were the bees knees 😁
All joking aside, in college I was able to get a box of Coloma cigars. What a beautiful experience it was smoking them. I've always gravitated to cheap, but well made and very tasty cigars. Lighting up a $20 dollar bill is a bit easier if you can make it burn 10 times over rather than once.

I do have good memories of these discount cigars and if I was left on an island with nothing to smoke other than an endless supply of White Owl classics, I could make it work just fine.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My father always enjoyed Dutch Masters and White Owl cigars. The other day, I popped in at a roadside smoke shop and was amazed to find a box of White Owl Classic Cigars. Upon opening the box and unwrapping a cigar, I was once again reminded of what it must be like to approach heaven. Although the makers use what I suspect is some paper filler, the quality of the tobacco leaf that remains is simply as good as it gets in even a Cuban or top tier Dominican. Who could argue this after inhaling just one whiff after lighting up.

With all this talk about RYO and the virtues of inherently cheap "pipe" tobacco, honestly, it is long over due for us to pay homage to the good ole White Owl classic. They are cheap and you can get a box for well under $50. I got mine for $41 at the roadside shop on Indian land.

Why go handmade when a machine can do it for better and much more reliable every time.

Who else is a fan and a believer of Machine made cigars?

Muriel Magnum is my favorite cheap cigar, followed by Dutch Masters Presidents.

And I love em all, Canadian Club and Have a Sweet, King Edward and Roi Tan, White Owl and all the others, there’s no bad ones.

Look for the label

These cigars are made of predominately natural tobacco with non tobacco ingredients added.

It meas they were doctored and flavored up to taste good.:)

Hand rolled cigars are another smoking experience.

Cheap cigars just taste good.

telescopes

Muriel Magnum is my favorite cheap cigar, followed by Dutch Masters Presidents.

And I love em all, Canadian Club and Have a Sweet, King Edward and Roi Tan, White Owl and all the others, there’s no bad ones.

Look for the label

These cigars are made of predominately natural tobacco with non tobacco ingredients added.

It meas they were doctored and flavored up to taste good.:)

Hand rolled cigars are another smoking experience.

Cheap cigars just taste good.
I am sure you would agree that a good machine made cigar is just as wonderful and probably more tasting than anything out of Havana. Reliable, they burn well, and are made of some of the finest tobaccos anywhere found on earth. They were good enough for a hobo and the men of the open road certainly knew a thing or two about good smokes. Why waste your money when you good get a great tasting White Owl Classic for just 50 cents. And it will taste just as good and your mamma won’t be mad at you for wasting your hard earned money.

And from a distance, the banker won’t know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.