PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Not so much anymore; that business is being driven out by excessive regulations and taxation.

Thirty years ago during the cigar boom Connecticut reached $50 a pound, which meant about fifty cents extra for a standard size Corona.

Connecticut is a wealthy and prosperous place. To produce shade wrapper leaf depended on poor people willing to toil at backbreaking work.

The decline in shade grown leaf in Connecticut has much to do with a surplus of poor folks to work the fields in the Central and South American nations where Connecticut seeds can be grown. It’s shade grown there now, but not all of it.

There was a 1961 movie about the Connecticut tobacco industry.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If it were a college education, then you can bet your mamma’s best turtleneck sweater that these men knew as much as a tick on a petrified log. The real men who made this country dressed in bear skins and hunkered down in the mountains with nothing more than a 50 caliber Hawken, some 2X black powder and a good long hunting knife. These men knew what an education was and only survived because they had one. They knew the difference between daylight and moonlight and could find their way home with nothing more than their eyesight and nose.

This country was built by men like them who understood what it means to be free and not chained to some college education that keeps you conformed to the notions of men who…. Don’t smoke Whit Owl cigars.

Teachers… if they have a college education chances are they aren’t worth their weight in sand. And that goes for any of them ones with a graduate or doctoral degree. No, a real educated man knows the value of a good White Owl cigar and saving money so they can have some left to buy some land.

My God. He is rent free in your head and still leading you around by the short hairs.
Most of these dummies won’t tell you. I will. It’s embarrassing to watch.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
My God. He is rent free in your head and still leading you around by the short hairs.
Most of these dummies won’t tell you. I will. It’s embarrassing to watch.
My God man, you get two shots deducted from your round.

Speaking of shots, Gettysburg is a place out east where a very important, albeit very bloody battle was fought. Now there is no use arguing with me, it is a fact in and if a child were paying attention in his or her history class, they might have even recited the Gettysburg address. It was about the battle and a bit more.

Now I bring all of this up because I am curious if you are related to Mr. Getty. I note that your user name has berg at the end and it is making me wonder, maybe you might be related.

If you aren't, that's okay. I suggest you go on down to the drugstore and get yourself a nice box of White Owl classic cigars.

Don't be put off by the fact that they are not hand rolled. I am certain we have established that they are indeed just as good as any hand rolled cigar.

And if you do have one of them college educations, don't let that put you off from trying a good ole White Owl Cigar.

Andy Taylor would have smoked one.

Even Barney, although he might have burned down the jail doing so.

Speaking of which, did you know that back in the 1950s men had some very short hair. Back then they called it a crew cut, but boy were they short.

If you have a crew cut, I can assure you that you will look just fine smoking a White Owl Cigar.

And.... if you do, I might just get back those shots you lost.

Now, I am going back to open a package of Dutch Masters that I bought at the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.