PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
It's not about the style or ensemble, for me it's primarily about 1) staying warm since the closest to "inside" I smoke is the garage; 2) I use jackets / hoodies / etc. that don't get inside past the laundry room when I'm done and come back in.

My goal with that is to keep the complaining from my wife at a minimum by keeping as much of it "out" as I can. I respect that; oddly enough I don't like the smell of stale smoke; perhaps more odd, my pipe smoke doesn't seem to fall into that category for me.

I dream of the day I can smoke inside somewhere by a fireplace. I've been to a smoking lounge a few times and that was relatively nice. Just not quite the "home" feeling / picture I have in my head. I'd have to borrow a dog to lie in front of it by my chair too. ?

But it's never while wearing any of my "professional" clothing, always my "chore" clothing that I'd chop wood or mow the lawn or similar in. I'm much more comfortable in those and would dress that way all the time if I could. And then I'd likely be able to have a pipe any time I wanted as well.

Cheers

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
Jeans. Henley waffle shirt. Buffalo plaid (red or green) jacket. Sorel boots. Padded baseball cap with buffal plaid flaps.

Reactions: JOHN72

gemtx

Might Stick Around
Dec 20, 2020
Dallas, TX
Interesting. My wife and child are getting more used to my smokiness lingering in my clothes, hands, beard, hair. Of course I've been mainly smoking aromatics as well. I assume many here must know that guy the mutton-chop-piper from YouTube. I enjoy his videos. Very calming. The clothing I wear during smoking is really all about comfort, but I don't want to put off my wife or child. Mutton-chop-piper suggests we always wash our face and hands and brush our teeth to keep peace at home. ha. Best to all.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Kev-Gatsby.jpg

Photo quality isn't great. This is in 2013 when the latest version of The Great Gatsby movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio came out. This is one of the suits and pairs of shoes he wore in the movie. Brooks Brothers helped design the wardrobe for the movie and then had a limited production run on the clothing from a couple of the characters.