PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Here’s a photo of the <5” Italian pipe collection mentioned above that I’m slowly working my way through. It‘s been an enjoyable journey so far. There is one Erik Nording in the mix to the observant viewer. The partitioned cedar case is one of several I’ve had made over the years for the vintage Kentucky reels I collect. This one got repurposed for the greater good.

Attachments

• IMG_9040.jpeg
    IMG_9040.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 27

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I have a number of shorter pipes, some MM cob special editions, and others. But most are over five inches, if just a bit. Here's a great short pipe I won in a limerick contest sponsored by a member, a Caminetto Hawkbill, that smokes great, my most uptown shorter pipe, with a good big chamber.

View attachment 245262
Do we get to hear the limerick? Nice pipe btw

Reactions: FLDRD

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I forgot to mention earlier, I have pipes in the 5” range, and two smaller, at mid 4”.

Last edited:

Lucashly

Can't Leave
Jun 21, 2023
California
I have a number of shorter pipes, some MM cob special editions, and others. But most are over five inches, if just a bit. Here's a great short pipe I won in a limerick contest sponsored by a member, a Caminetto Hawkbill, that smokes great, my most uptown shorter pipe, with a good big chamber.

View attachment 245262
Don’t have one this small but won’t the tobacco not have a chance to cool down and promote tongue bite?

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
My most often carried and smoked pipes are billiard-ish (billiard, Dublin, pear, belg), straight (preferably saddle) stemmed pipes, or cobs 4.75-5.75”, less than 35gr.
Oh yeah, the briars in that reference are mostly American pipes from the 30’s to the 50’s, so there goes the “current fad” angle.
But I’m a function over form guy, and they are tools. I do have larger pipes, but those were passed down from my dad, bought new in the Danish freehand heyday of the 60’s-70’s.
My only retail purchase (other than cobs) has been a Pete Short Army (5.2”).

Reactions: AroEnglish