PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I’ve got a few under 5”. Here’s the ones I smoke the most, 2 Barbers, 2 Blakemars, 2 Peterson’s & a Dunhill.
View attachment 245836
Great collection of sub-5” pipes. I especially like the design of the Barber pipes shown, which led me to access Barber’s website in the UK. A great website, which frustratIngly came with this salutation: “Unfortunately we are no longer able to send products to USA, Canada or India.” I wonder if Britain’s exit from the EU changed that prohibition or if it’s a restriction imposed internally by British authorities? Bummer, though.

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
I really like short pipes and own a few briars and cobs that are sub 5" size. I don't really see them taking over the market, there are just so many pipes available in every shape and size imaginable that you can easily find whatever kind of pipe you are looking for.

Reactions: OzPiper

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Great collection of sub-5” pipes. I especially like the design of the Barber pipes shown, which led me to access Barber’s website in the UK. A great website, which frustratIngly came with this salutation: “Unfortunately we are no longer able to send products to USA, Canada or India.” I wonder if Britain’s exit from the EU changed that prohibition or if it’s a restriction imposed internally by British authorities? Bummer, though.
No idea. Some British etailers ship to the US & some don’t.
GQ Tobaccos we’re selling the exact same shape in a Tan coloured blast, last time I looked.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Here are five new little soldiers fresh off the FedEx plane from Italy today. Break-in period starts momentarily and I can’t wait. I’m going to start them off with an 8-year old cellared blend from Poor Richard’s Tobacconist which was located at Station Square in Pittsburgh, but which unfortunately closed a few years ago. That was a great brick and mortar.

The pipe with the white stem and blue rusticated bowl came direct from the Paronelli store in Italy. I love those pipes.

(click on photos to enlarge)

Attachments

• IMG_9112.jpeg
    IMG_9112.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9114.jpeg
    IMG_9114.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9107.jpeg
    IMG_9107.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Snakeseye

Lurker
Aug 15, 2021
Israel
as time passes I seem to prefer shorter and shorter pipes, not exclusively, still have some longer/larger pipes I love.
but most of the stuff that is in my rotation now is around 110-120mm, I seem to struggle less with tongue bite than in the past, so that is less of a problem, and they are very comfortable to clench, and usually sport smaller bowls which I also seem to prefer lately. but my taste changes and there are always exceptions.

herovtret

Lurker
Apr 17, 2024
It’s interesting how our tastes evolve over time, isn’t it? Smaller pipes can indeed be easier to handle and clench, and if they’re helping you avoid tongue bite, that’s a great bonus. It’s all about enjoying the experience, and it seems like you’re doing just that.

Reactions: AroEnglish

InWithBothFeet

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I prefer longer pipes, 2 of the 4 I own are churchwarden class pipes and one of the short ones is probably going in the classified here when I get to the required post count.